Friday, May 14, 2010

Gripes, Gotchas--And Then Some...




PC gremlins are haunting my HP.
The whatzit kind that materializes seemingly,

for no material reason! I’m thinking it could be
one of several reasons:
PSU failure, the fan, or
dust bunnies running
around inside the case.

The pc freezes while online, goes to a
black screen.
No apparent viruses present. The monitor
screen will
occasionally display gray and white
diagonal lines.
Coming to grips with this annoying
problem is turning
my hair grayer and whiter!


Last night on the news, I was very disturbed--
not that I’m not in that present frame of mine
with my pc problems!

Some dingbat official decided that Naples’ Muscovy

ducks should be eliminated. They are being 'humanely'
euthanized.
My mouth fell open at the ludicrous suggestion
that
these cute “citizens” which roam our lakes and parks,
are nuisances and highly dangerous creatures!
Let me say that there are far more two-footed “dangers”
we should be concerned with, particularly
those who
cell-talk and drive.


I’ve never been so aggravated.

Now, I can understand why Cruzer, our neighborhood
Muscovy, has been lying low for a few days.

I sure hope she’s got the “spring fling thing” and hasn't
been captured.


Love is in the air in the bug and bird world.
Luv-bugs are enjoying marathon sessions, mid-air--amazing!
Female birds are playing hard
to get--their antics are
quite amusing, and keeps
my mind off Cruzer’s absence.

Tom is in a chopping mood. Our poor palm trees out
front have been topped--
glad he didn’t become a barber…
The wasps are building condos in our hot garage.
They’re zeroing in on the holes in the garage doors.


Tom is forever swatting them--he’s been stung
once already.
Yes, it’s another hot day in paradise,
and my day
is planned around a trip to the Byte Shop
for advice,
and a dip in the pool.
I’m not going to think about pests, gremlins, or house cleaning.

Just floating around the pool…

No comments: