Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don't Kid Me!


Kidney beans, kidney pie, kidney stones--
whoa, not on my menu!
I've never had one of those excruciating
episodes and don't intend to.


I think my body is afraid to manufacture stones
since I hold my breath and swallow tablespoons
of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar during the day.

Gag me...

My son knows when something vile is crossing
my lips.

Sure isn't a candy bar...
The essence permeates from the kitchen to
where he's sitting a few feet away.


I've taken to a Dr. Weil and Dr. Oz way of good
health, for awhile now, side-stepping the amazing
bakery case at my favorite book store.


It's not always easy when I see a delicious apple
danish grinning back at me.

I figure it's either sacrifice something tasty and
live longer and healthier, or dunk into Donut Hole
Heaven, and eventually have hell to pay-- waddling
around like Cruiser, our resident duck...



1 comment:

Gutsy Living said...

Your healthy eating habits certainly show on your physique. So keep refusing the donuts, though I must say, a QUALITY cake, is worth a slice, once in a while.