Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Beachy...


Reptilius Wrinkilum, characterized by and resembling
shed snake skin, is an affliction shared by those
humans
who don't look like pancake batter.

Add a little unwanted 'real estate' and behold--it's
a sight: Rippled layers of varnished, lizard-like skin
that appears to have been squashed by a Goodyear tire,
then stretched past the known capacity of nylon and spandex.
In other words, miles of beach-tanned, bikini-ed and
Speedo-ed
torsos, frolicking back and forth under the
tropical Florida sun.


The men are a 'whisper' away from centerfold exposure.
The ladies prance along with dimpled, 'thonged' behinds--
looks like a
Silly Putty convention...

I wore a swimsuit once, more of a flotation device--that,
when I began swimming, would billow out--much like
the inner tube I used to float on as a kid--drifting between
the pilings of the Santa Monica Pier...

Rising from the bathtub-warm waters of the Gulf, I
looked
like a beached whale. Suddenly all the water
dumped out
from my swimsuit--along with a slithery
Ramora I called Ramon--
since it had clung to my ribcage
the entire time.


So now, bikini clad, I notice that I'm not far from being
in the select classification of Reptilius Wrinkilum--as I
enjoy the tropical outdoors. I'm also noticing that I need
to work out a little harder, too.
Gosh, that almond cookie was sooo good...
Sonia, I slipped...

1 comment:

GutsyWriter said...

Nancy, Don't worry. I slip too, we all do. I love cheese, and eat it every day. Extra sharp cheddar is my favorite right now.