Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cell Destruction...




My cell phone has been abducted
by Jen.
She made the unwise
mistake of calling
her carrier to
check if it was possible
to lengthen
the ring tone.
Her Smart phone
rings for only 7 seconds.


Who, short of a roadrunner, could
ever
answer a phone that quickly?
It takes me that long hunting
for the darn thing, usually buried in
no-man's land--my purse.

One simple question to tech
support was
all it took to turn
her phone into a vast wasteland.

A code here and a tweak there done
by a tech
support trainee, sent her
phone into Never-land.


Another frustrating, pot-boiling
90 minutes was spent
trying to
restore the phone back
to its
factory defaults. No such luck...

It would’ve been easier ordering

takeout from China.

After much phone discussion with a
supervisor,
Jen's getting a free smart
phone today.
She's waiting anxiously
for her HTC Diamond...
so am I.


So, for now, I’m letting her use
my new phone, the myTouch, with
visions of my remaining minutes
rapidly dissolving. I had 236 minutes
left for the next
18 days,now withered
to a paltry 48 minutes,
and counting down...

When I run out of minutes, guess
who's going to lend me their phone
for non-Fave calls until Nov. 9th?

2 comments:

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Whoa, I guess that means if I have a problem with my Blackberry I should just keep my mouth shut about it or I'll lose all my info. I didn't even get the warranty or insurance.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Both of you are so beautiful Jen does look like to you very much!