Wednesday, September 2, 2009

On Ice...




If I were to be reincarnated someday I’d probably
come back a fuzzy, multi-legged, slithering eight-eyed
monstrosity: a configuration of the numerous bugs,
insects and snakes I’ve killed over the years.
I would be stomped, sprayed, or whacked for sure.

Some people have signed on for cryogenics, hoping
to be brought back to life someday.
That takes trust and a huge investment.
I doubt if any of that will ever happen--if anything,
the frozen lab owners are thawing in some exotic paradise
several times a year…

With my luck, I’d stay frozen…
unless Romanian mad scientists found me first.
I sure wouldn’t want to hear, “Vlad, Let’s Do Lunch…”

You never know what the future will bring.
Instead of freezing people, I sure wish someone
could figure out how to make a frozen dinner
with just a trace of salt and lower cholesterol...

No comments: