Sunday, June 7, 2009

Now And Then...


I love spooky movies.
Not the splatter kind of movies that are so prevalent
today, but the 'Hitchcock' style, loaded with atmosphere
and impending peril:movies like Rebecca, a Hitchcock
spine-tingler, replete with an imposing, mysterious estate.
It's the kind of movie you can see before going to bed at night.
There's no way I could sleep a wink if I watched
any of the Saw horror movies.

Wait Until Dark is another movie that grabs you with
creeping terror.
The menacing presence of Alan Arkin stalking a blind
Audrey Hepburn is enough to make one's skin crawl.

There isn't much about the movies these days that
even comes close to the movies of years ago.
Granted, today's movies are exciting with all the
amazing special effects.

I'm in awe of the creative technology involved.
Independence Day is thrilling to watch, and the
Bourne movies, too.
I'll go to the movies any day of the week to see
Matt Damon or Leonardo DiCaprio.

I'll always have fond memories of the Golden Era.
It was a grand time of gorgeously handsome leading
men and women, actors and actreses not easily
forgotten.

Romance was in the air.
I miss that...
.

No comments: