Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's To Die For...



I have 2-for-1 quarts of devilishly delicious sugar
free
ice cream in my freezer.
I usually don't buy
ice cream, or sweets, for that matter.
Paul gives me the evil eye when I open the
freezer door.
“Shame on you, Mom--don’t eat that stuff.”

He’s pinching an ever-so-slight bit of my waistline.

Doesn’t that make you want to eat it even more,

with long, enjoyable mouth-watering and melting bitefuls?
it's yummy junk food and tastes good when it's
been so hot.

Paul is right, though.
He's lean, tall and muscular,
and thoughtful
about what he eats.
Paul goes for raw organic and salt-free peanuts and
sunflower seeds, along with raisins.


You’ll find few goodies in my kitchen cabinets--

that’s because I hide them in my bedroom closet--ha!
I love candy fruit slices. You know the ones with
sprinkled sugar on them? They’re fat free, so that
lamely
justifies an occasional indulgence.

Tom’s idea of a snack is pumpernickel bread
with
a spread of plain hummus or plain yogurt.
He hasn’t seen a lick of sugar in eons.
Maybe a microscopic amount…
He has great resistance and fortitude when it comes
to his diet.


I figure I had to watch what I ate and drank for
9 months, twice.

I know-- that was back in prehistoric times--
but I’m making up for it now.
Heh-heh...

No comments: